Experience the Tsitsikamma on horseback… Choose between a one hour farm trail with views over the mountains and forest, a two hour forest trail with wildlife, a three hour trail on a private nature reserve amidst indigenous forest or a half or full day Cruise The Crags Trail, riding on horse back to attractions in the area..
One Hour Farm Trail : Departure Daily @ 10h00 & 14h00
Meander across lush green fields, overlooking the forest, mountains and ocean in the distance, amongst farm animals and Fallow Deer. This ride offers open terrain, ideal for an optional trot or canter whilst being close to nature and enjoying the magnificent surrounds..
Two Hour Forest Trail : Departure Daily @ 10h00 & 14h00
Explore indigenous ancient rain forest, following 150-year-old woodcutter’s paths and wagon trails, up and down the crags criss-crossing this pristine environment, with views over the magnificent surrounds. Get close to Impala, Baboons, Monkeys, indigenous birds and Fallow Deer on the return journey, with an option of a trot or canter over beautiful emerald fields with unsurpassed views over the surrounding forest, mountains and ocean in the distance..
Three Hour Cruise The Crags Trails :
- Departure 09h00 Daily for Bubbles and Beasts on Steeds
- Departure Daily for Cruise The Crags
- Departure 10h00 Daily for Far Ridges Picnic
- Departure 10h00 Daily for Far Ridges
Follow magnificent indigenous forest trails to a choice of the following :
- The Far Ridges : an adventurous ride amidst wildlife and the surrounding forest, with views over the magnificent Tsitsikamma Mountains.
- Add a lunchtime picnic at R95-00 to enjoy at our magnificent view point.
- Bubbles & Beasts on Steeds : Enjoy a day on horseback, exploring the Crags. Trail through pristine indigenous forest, along old woodcutters trails, crossing streams and valleys enjoying beautiful views over the forest and mountains – to a choice of a Monkeyland or Birds Of Eden Tour. From there meander through local vineyards to Bramon Wine Estate for a delectable Tappas lunch with Award Winning Wines before riding back to the stables. Booking required 48 hours in advance.
- Cruise The Crags : An action filled day amidst the Tsitsikamma Forest and magnificent Crags at the foot of the Tsitsikamma Mountains, riding on horse back between fun filled activities. Choose up to three of the following activities and tailor make your own route on horseback. Monkeyland, Birds of Eden, Crags Elephant Sanctuary, Tenikwa Cat Sanctuary, Kloofing with Africanyon, Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary, fresh farm fare at Peppermill Café or a delectable Tappas Lunch at Bramon Wine Estate. Booking required 48 hours in advance and package prices upon enquiry.
All level of riders are welcome, and all ages are welcome. We have had from 3-year-olds to 85-year-olds on our trails!! Upon arrival, a short assessment is made to identify the right horse and safe riding gear for each rider.
Our horses are selected for their good composition and gentle temperaments. We love them and keep them in tip-top condition. Their tack fits properly and is well maintained. Our focus is to ensure that our rides are suitable for all levels of experience – the emphasis being on a safe and enjoyable ride.
Experienced guides offer interesting facts and stories regarding local history, fauna and flora…
Back at the stables, guests can enjoy a refreshing drink and snack, whilst enjoying breathtaking views of the surrounding forest and mountains.
Trail Rides Availability : Bookings are essential!!
365 days a year.. We are open every single day of the year… On days that we aren’t busy, we are flexible regarding riding times, so please call Debbie with any special requests…
Riders to arrive 30 mins prior to departure of the trail ride in order to kit up, fill in necessary forms and be allocated the right horse.facilities :
Fitting riding safety helmet and chaps upon arrival.
A brief assessment regarding rider competence.
Determining the right horse for every rider ie size, level of experience.
Guidance in the basics of riding a horse.
Pace of ride is determined by ability of riders present.
Experienced guides whose focus lies in providing a fun, safe experience for all..
Rider Clothing Recommendations :
Wear comfortable, stretch pants ie ski pants, stretch jeans or track suit pants.
Shoes need to be closed and have a firm sole – if possible a slight heel for maximum safety.
Loose fitting shirt or T-shirt.
Booking is essential….
To Book Contact :
Debbie on 082-7713745 or